Monday, April 19, 2010

When I first started the course I knew very little about HCI, playing the game, and design in general.

Throughout the class, I became enlightened on the broader picture of design and how it is never really done. Truly good design does not stop, it continues until it cannot continue any more for whatever reason. I think that this class has instilled me with a new found respect for the amount of thought and effort put into the most basic of applications. Now I look at devices through the lens of a designer and try to think of how I would do it differently. I find this to be the most important idea I take away from this course: the ability to look at something from a completely different perspective in order to try and better understand what I am trying to accomplish. Whether I will do the "7 steps" or "Principles" in the future is irrelevant, because I feel these are skills that can be used in whatever I will do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment