When this class first started I had no idea what "the game" was about or what it really meant. But now that the class is coming to a close I think I have a much better understanding of what it's all about. The game is the continual development of a product. It isn't something that a designer plays once and then "tada, its finished." The design of a product is never really complete. There is always room for improvement, hence, the game must be played over and over.
Through this course I have learned how to spot flaws in a designs interface, and how to approach it, plug it into "the game" and then iterate. There are many different things that I can do as a designer to improve a design. I've learned how to properly identify a flaw, draw a sketch of a potential improvement, develop a persona that helps determine if the idea can work, and how to run a usability test. I have also learned how to think more broadly about what a "good design" entails (such as tailoring a design to the need of a client, making the design efficient, etc.)
Overall this class has given me a much greater appreciation for the products that are designed well, and an appreciation for the hard work that designers must go through when designing a product.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment