Thursday, April 15, 2010
Blog 12 and 13
I learned that all aspects of the design process embrace multiple perspectives which makes playing the whole game difficult at first. Throughout the semester we've worked with techniques for making design obvious, and I've found that most important perspective to keep in mind is the needs of the end-users. Technology and all the little features you can add to a design do not make it more effective. Less is more, which I personally find as a good mantra to apply to other matters in life. Also, no design is ever complete and rarely is there a design that succeeds on its first trial. Iteration is important, as small changes over time in a process are more manageable and cost effective. Conducting tests on design concepts and prototypes is very important. Bloopers late in the game are expensive. Overall, I feel more confident in myself after this course. I know I've gained teamwork and time management skills, some business knowledge, and an understanding of a various design frameworks. I wasn't worried about the class in the beginning or that enthused, but I'm happy it turned out to be more rewarding than I initially thought it was going to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment