Before I took this course, I had never really had any experience "playing the whole game." I never fully understood how everything fit together as part of a big picture, but rather just focused on the specific tasks at hand. This course has really changed the way I think about designing something, both as a technical designer and in my work in fine arts. Before I took this course, I had never had experience with every part of the whole game, and learning every stage of the process has taught me to think about problems in a different way than I had previously been thinking about them.
What really interested me this semester was the distinction between an artist and a designer. This is something that we discusses in this course, but I also discussed it in my current graphic design course. I had never really understood the distinction, and considered myself an artist. As these two courses progressed this semester, I feel I have a good understanding of what makes a good designer, rather than focusing on being an artist. While I still love art and creating it, I think from now on I will focus my work on being a good designer, rather than pleasing myself. This is something that I never thought I would have gotten from this class, but it is so very relevant to what I'm trying to do in school.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment